This is a pleasant plenty of in fashion Craft grindstone that Testament literally constitute a statement. The bonus is the low value and it's very a speedy Craft project that doesn't demand skilled skill or expensive tools. Cause a statement with your own sui generis ongoing Craft duty.
Pour a little polycrylic into a clean, recycled plastic container. Add a few drops of fabric dye and gently stir until any lumps are dissolved. Do not shake the mix or stir vigorously as air bubbles will develop and may alter the finish.7. Dust with a damp cloth and let dry. Count the amount of letters and passage in the phrase to way how many horizontal lines Testament be needed.
2. Advantage the t-square ruler to speck equivalent horizontal lines across the wood. Three rows were stressed on the group of plywood shown. Remit 3" heighth for Everyone of the lettered rows in this contemporary Craft and subtract 9" from the complete heighth of the wood. Appliance the remaining inches to figure Identical spacing of top and backside margins and in between rows. Aim lines lightly with the pencil. Utilize painters tape under the backside of the top row for rightness.
3. Cut around the letters for the art work ensuring adhesive backing remains in place. Do a rough layout of the lettering for this contemporary piece before figuring the approximate spacing between the letters and words. Note the spacing on any sign will vary, depending on the phrasing, the size of the sign and the letters.
4. Beginning at the top row, pull off the adhesive backing and apply the first letter of the first word and the last letter of the last word. This process makes the application easier. Position the remaining letters on the first line and continue.
5. Run your fingers along the vinyl letters of the contemporary art work and press to ensure a good adhesion before continuing. This is done to lessen bleeding under the letters when the finish is applied.
6. Slide the sandwich bag over your painting hand to prevent staining the skin.1. Prepare the plywood for this current Craft duty by sanding the surface able-bodied. Round over the edges slightly with the sandpaper.
Apply a thin coating of the polycrylic mixture onto the top of the plywood first and continue on all four sides. Keep the coating thin. Allow to dry well.
8. Remove the vinyl letters from the statement piece by pulling them off in the direction of the woodgrain to avoid splintering. Hang the contemporary art work or lean against a wall wherever you wish to make a statement.